If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 8 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Travel Vaccination Appointment
Information for Patients
- Please hand the completed travel form to reception at least 6-8 weeks before your travel date – this will give the nurse time to look at the travel form and order any vaccines (some vaccines must be given at least 1 month before travel date
- The nurse will look at your travel form and contact you within 7-10 working days advising you of any injections needed and to book a travel appointment
- We have 3 designated travel clinics per month.
- Some travel vaccines are not available on the NHS and will incur a charge (Admin Fee/Private Prescription Fee/Cost of vaccine at the Pharmacy). Please see the website or ask reception/nurse for a list of prices.
- You can also find out the recommended vaccinations for various countries by visiting www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk.
IMPORTANT: If you are a last minute traveller
- Complete the travel form and hand to reception. The nurse will look at the form as soon as possible (24-48 hours) and let you know whether we have capacity to see you.
- If we are not able to offer you an appointment, we may direct you to a local travel clinic such as
Boots the Chemist Priory Meadow Tel: 01424 718344
Harold Road Surgery, Hastings Tel: 01424 720878
Hove Clinic Tel: 01273 749100
Worthing Clinic Tel: 01903 254774
Travel Risk Assessment Form
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click:- http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/eu_glance/86/en.pdf (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)
We do need to make a charge for certain travel vaccinations.